Veggie Enchiladas with Salsa Verde & Cotija Cheese
Makes: 8 enchiladas
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
vegetable oil, divided
Kosher salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
corn tortillas, 6"
pepper jack or Chihuahua cheese, shredded
Cotija cheese or queso fresco, sliced
- Preheat grill. Toss the Portobello mushrooms in 1 ½ tbsp. of oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Grill for 4 minutes on each side until tender. Allow to cool then cut into ¾" pieces. Reserve.
- In a large sauté pan over high heat, sauté the spinach in the remaining 1 ½ tbsp. of oil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Reserve.
- In a medium saucepan over medium/high heat, bring the Tres Hermanas Medium Green Verde Mexican Cooking Sauce to a simmer. Remove from heat and let chill slightly.
- Using a pair of tongs, dip each tortilla in the sauce until pliable. Reserve.
- To assemble the enchiladas, divide the grilled mushrooms, sautéed spinach, and pepper jack cheese between the 8 tortillas. Roll each tortilla and place seam-side-down in a baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover the tortillas in the remaining sauce. Top with sliced Cotija cheese and bake for 20 minutes until hot inside and the cheese starts to brown.