Roasted Chicken in Salsa Verde with Sweet Corn and Cilantro Rice
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 110 minutes
Cook Time: 110 minutes
Whole fryer chicken
Medium onion, diced
Celery stalks, diced
Carrots, peeled and diced
Garlic bulbs, smashed
Chicken stock, or more as needed
Cilantro, fresh, chopped
Corn, roasted and cut in half
Kosher salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Season chicken with salt and black pepper to taste.
- In the bottom of a roasting pan, combine onions, celery, carrots, garlic, and whole cilantro sprigs. Layer the chicken over the diced vegetables and roast in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, cover with Tres Hermanas Medium Green Verde Mexican Cooking Sauce. Roast for another 30 minutes or until an internal temperate of 165°F is reached. Remove from oven and reserve.
- Drain the liquid from the bottom of the pan into a measuring cup. Add enough chicken stock to measure 2 cups total liquid. Combine the rice and the liquid in a rice cooker. Cook for 20 minutes or until fluffy and all liquid has been absorbed.
- Toss the cooked rice with the chopped cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve the chicken whole on a platter with the cilantro rice and corncobs.